Local Tanker Driver in South Saint Paul, MN – $29.50/hr OT after 8 hrs
Schedule – Monday – Friday
Start Time – Early AM
DEDICATED late model equipment
Guaranteed 40 hours, OT after 8 hours.
We also offer 401k with 50% company match sound attractive to you.
Questions? Call Matt Olding: 312-764-7506
Or fill out the form below to learn more about this career opportunity
As a Class A Driver operating our 53ft. Tanker Truck, you will responsible for delivering Aqua and Anhydrous Ammonia products to our customers in South St. Paul, MN and the surrounding areas including MN, ND, SD, WI, IA, MI and NE. Additionally, you will provide emergency response, routine maintenance, and minor repairs for ammonia systems.
Area of Coverage:
No specified routes, deliveries and service are solely contingent upon customer demand within 48 hours of dispatch. Based out of South St. Paul, MN and covering the surrounding areas including North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan and Nebraska. Could possibly include other areas depending of customer needs.
HAZMAT DRIVER: AIRGAS SPECIALTY PRODUCTS
Airgas Specialty Products is a leading distributor of anhydrous ammonia and ammonium hydroxide. ASP is seeking one experienced local Driver – CDL Class A with HAZMAT/Tanker Endorsement to join our Operations team.
The Class-A Driver position will deliver products to local customers on a scheduled route or intermittently. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Engage in loading/unloading truck procedures. Performs pre and post-trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies, and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
- Safely perform SOPs specifically related to the handling of Anhydrous Ammonia/Ammonium Hydroxide.
- Communicate in person with customers regarding any SOPs.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are correctly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate driver’s license/endorsements.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; frequent bending is also required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must have basic computer experience (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Some overnight stays may be required on a limited basis.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. The performance of this job in a safe manner and keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
- At least 25 years old
- Class A CDL with at least 2 years’ CMV experience — experience must be within the last 4 years, and tanker/hazmat endorsements are required before the hire date
- Graduation from an accredited truck driving school with a diploma will count as 1 year of the required experience
- No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years
- No more than 2 minor tickets in the previous 3 years
- No serious violation ticket (speeding 15+, reckless driving, etc.) in the previous 3 years
- No suspensions of CDL in the previous 3 years except for “Failure to pay child support.”
- No DUI in the last 7 years
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs or more
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you looking for a great company to work for? You’ll find it With Us! Airgas offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, and 401(k).
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance.
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Employee Status: Regular
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-South Saint Paul-55075
About Airgas, Inc.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Approximately 17,000 associates work in more than 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities and distribution centers. Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base. For more information, please visit www.airgas.com.
Joseph Marczely 610-263-8277
Sarah Boxler 610-263-8260